Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to test C3750-IPBASE-M switch Fiber port working or not

Hi Team,

We have C3750-IPBASE-M fiber switch as core switch, we found some ports are not working on the switch.

when we connect those ports to the switch on the other side we don't have Link up, we considered as those ports are not working.

now the questions is is these ports are really not working ? how can we test these ports ?

Thank you for any help.

Bhadresh

6 Replies 6

You've given a few data and little information on troubleshooting.

I can give you some advice:

• Watch the "show inventory" and "show inventory raw". You should see if it recognizes the sfp interface hardware (model, serial number). If the switch does not show hardware information, then interfaces are not good.

• They are 1000SX interfaces? If yes, you can see with the naked eye the laser transmission (red light), even if it is not recommended for eye health (but you can do it for a few seconds).

I hope to have helped you.

By

Cristian

Thank you very much Cristian

How can we know by laser transmission.

I also found some ports are even Gigabit shows bandwidth 10 Mbps even they are not set bandwidth to 10 Mbps

Thank you.

Bhadresh

Hi,

To know what kind of lasers, you should read the name on the hardware of SFP.

For example : GLC-SX-MM is 1000 Mbps for Short distance (multimode fiber); GLC-LX is 1000 Mbps for Long distance (multimode fiber or single mode fiber).

Look at this link :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modules/ps5455/prod_module_series_home.html

By,

Cristian Rimondi

Thank you.

Bhadresh Prajapati

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have C3750-IPBASE-M fiber switch as core switch, we found some ports are not working on the switch.

1.  Try giving the interface an IP address.  Next issue the command "test interface ".

2.  Get an OTDR (Fluke DTX 1300).

Thank you.

Bhadresh

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card