cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Upgrade IOS on Switch 3750 model.

vasanth_acharya
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I am facing this problem once i have upgraded IOS on a new switch 3750 model.Presently IOS running

is flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin and in the new switch 3750 model i had IOS

flash:/c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE1/c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE1.bin.

Error which i am facing is the one i mentioned below and repeatedly i am getting this error. Kindly tell how to resolve this problem.

Error: hardware not supported by firmware.
       Try loading newer software instead.
       System Resetting...

7 Replies 7

martin_knorre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Vasanth,

your problem could be a corrupt IOS, you should download it again from cisco and transfer it again with tftp.

We run both IOS on our 3750 and therefore it can't be a problem with the hardware.

Regards Martin

Hi Vasanth,

It seems the IOS image is corrupt or not support. We run those switches with the below image and don't have any problems.

c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE2/c3750-ipservices-mz.122-25.SEE2.bin

Please try to download the above one and upload.

Please rate the helpfull posts.

Regards,
Naidu.

Dear Martin,

What i have done is copied the IOS from an existing switch which had the IOS software version

flash:c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5/c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.bin.

and the error which i have mentioned, i am not able to stop that error in switch how do i stop that error.

Kindly help on this issue

Regards

vasanth.

So when you copied the IOS that should work at all, but during the upload to the new switch an error occured and so the image is corrupt. You should try to upload it again and test if the failure is still coming.

Greets Martin

Dear Martin,

what you have told is right. now i am having 2 problems

1.My new switch Software version is 12.2(50)SE1 and model number is WS-C3750V2-48PS, whether from this switch i can stack.

2.My old switch software version is 12.2(35)SE5 and model number is WS-C3750-48PS-S, i want a compatible version of IOS which works on both the switches.

Thanks

Vasanth.

Shashank Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vasanth,

Please share complete "show version" output from the switch in question.

Regards,

Shashank

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not using the 3750-16 are you?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card