Views
Helpful
Replies

IE2000 Switch Issues......Multiple!

stevencrawford
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am new to Cisco switches but I have spent alot of time attempting to get three switches configured.

I have managed to set IP address & have the three switches in a ring.

I have downloaded version 5.2 & 6.3 of the Network Assistant and both state that the IE2000-4S-TS-G is an unsupported device. Do I require to update firmware or similar in the switchs?

Also, connecting GLC-T Cisco SFP - None light up. These are actual Cisco SFP's not aftermarket.

When I do diagnostics I get Fastethernet 1/1.....4 down, when I plug in I get a network connection but cannot ping.

At present I have the Fibre through a Siemens switch to enable me to configure the switches via Fibre as I cannot get a link via ethernet.

I have attached the running config from switch 1

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Also, connecting GLC-T Cisco SFP - None light up. These are actual Cisco SFP's not aftermarket.

what device these GLC-T plugged in, looks for negotiation issue. try speed 100 and duplex half and full, if you connecting to fastethernet.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

stevencrawford
Level 1
Level 1

The GLC-T are plugged into an IE2000 4S-TS-G Switch.

Compatibility states that the FE SFP is compatible.

I have attempted Half Duplex, Full & Speed at 100.

As a Test I connected a Siemens Fibre SFP into one of the FE ports & I get half Duplex connection........this is so strange

This looks for me something wrong you need to check the devices negotiations

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

How do I check the devices negotiations? I have been up, down & roundabout the configuration list?

I have spent the last couple of days connecting via the web portal & the USB. I cannot for the life of me alter Media Type to be RJ45.

All ports on three switches are Half Duplex, No shutdown, you cannot remove Auto MDIX & you cannot set SFP or RJ45.

Why a Cisco Switch would state unknown device to a Cisco SFP is beyond me.

Attached a snippet of all ports (GLC-T Copper plugged into Port 3)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card