Views
Helpful
Replies

IE3000 Mounting

Michael_SLA
Level 1
Level 1

IE3000-8TC

All pictures in the installation manual show the IE3000-8TC mounted in the horizontal direction with the venting top and bottom.

Can the IE3000-8TC be mounted vertically with the venting to the left and right?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you able to have enough space and able to do maintenance, i belive it should be ok..

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/cisco_ie3000/hardware/installation/guide/IE3000HIG/HIGINSTL.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the reply, just to be clear I have attached a drawing which shows the proposed mounting method of the IE3000-8TC.  I did not see anything in the manual that forbade this arrangement, but also did not see anything that approved it.

Thanks again!

Cisco always produces a document on best practice, sometimes it is not possible always mount the switch horizontally for some device due to space or other restrictions, the other side cisco did not mention anywhere do not mount, which means both are acceptable.

As long as serviceable easy for the engineer is good, my personal point of view.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card