I am coming here because I can't find a satisfactory response by myself in cisco documentation.
In short, I have a CCTV network with many IP cameras in the same subnet than the receivers (operator for reading video).
- Each camera is sending a mulicast flow on the network.
- I configured IGMP snooping on every switch.
- Core switch is an H3C switch with PIM DM and igmp enabled
- Receivers are connected on core switch.
I attached a small picture to understand the installation. My question is about static Mrouter configuration. I was forced to configure static mrouter to downlink in order to have the multicast working on receiver.
ip igmp snooping vlan 150 mrouter interface Gi0/0
If I don't configure that, igmp report/join request from receiver are NOT reaching the farthest switch, and mulicast flow is not sended through the link between switch. This article is explaining something similar but not the same case :
1. Smart Licensing1.1. What is Smart Licensing?1.2. What are the benefits of Cisco Smart Software Licensing? 1.3. What is required to use Smart Software Licensing?1.4. Can you go see what classic license a device is using today? Can you go to a device and...
Cisco DNA - Cisco SD-WAN: Connect to any cloud, anywhere, securely Cisco offers on-prem and cloud-managed WAN edge solutions to meet these new demands. Connect any user to any application with integrated capabilities for multicloud, security, ...
Join us for this virtual event as cloud providers, integrators, ecosystem technology partners and customers discuss what tomorrow's cloud will be and what you need to know to prepare. Get ready to hear about innovations for faster operations, mult...
Let´s talk about spanning-treeLeave your comment in english and in your own language.------------------------------------------------Vamos falar sobre spanning-tree Deixe seu comentário em inglês e no seu idioma.
New Episode on SD-Access AdoptionListen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS8E21Follow us: https://twitter.com/ciscochampionIn this podcast, we discuss recent features, enhancements, and deployment strategies for Cisco SD-Access. New features have enabled additional...