Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to change my own switch port from vlan 3 to vlan 42, but somehow the port is stuck on vlan 3 no matter what I do (shut, no shut, unplug the device etc.). A 5 minutes work now turned into hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This ...

Joe22 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone already tried to use private vlan on ISR4451 using a switch module? Is there any guidelines to follow? Especially regarding the configuration of the ethernet-internal links, promiscuous port, promiscuous on trunk support? and BDI vs SVI.  ...

gpardoen by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello According to this document, a new C800 router will send DHCP discover packets out of all attached LAN interfaces to determine if a DHCP server is available. I have tried several Cisco routers in the 800 series.  No DHCP discover is seen. Only C...

apicguy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a basic set up that does not seem to be working as expected. this is all physical set up which consist of:Cisco Router - 1900Switch - 2960-X2 Win 10 Machines Set up:Router 1 - Fast0/0 - Ip 24.17.2.1 /24PC 1 - 24.17.2.3 / 24 / DG 24.17.2.1PC...

ACE_9 by Level 1
  • 19 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,can anyone tell me the benefit of using two layer 3 switch in a network. does it reduce the cpu load and network faster or just for redundant. can anyone please tell me or give me some link where i can find such topic. thank you 

Hi, I am trying to connect a transparent firewall to a N7k. Therefore I set up two interfaces E1/17 and E1/18 belonging to different vrf's and connected these ports together. I expected the interfaces would be able to reach each other. Unfortunately ...

N7k VRF Firewall.jpg

Hi, I am using CISCO packet tracer to simulate a network, say I have PC1, PC2, and Router1 I connect PC1 to FastGigabitethernet0/0/0 on Router1 and connect PC2 to FastGigabiteEthernet 0/0/1 on Router1 1) I want to create 2 subnets on router: 10.0.1.0...

Hi,   Got a 9504 with a N9K-X9732C-FX card and trying to enable MACSEC on a trunk port but I get the error: macsec is not supported on module 2 (Module 2 is the X9732C card).   I have checked the spec for the card on Cisco site and it says "Yes" that...