Views
Helpful
Replies

Ignore Smart license

Munther
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears,

is there any effect if i does not enable smart license on my Cisco 9500 switches ?

Best Regards.

4 Replies 4

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

In the short term nothing but you will eventually never be able to upgrade, use new features or get support.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Nothing is going to happen.

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

If you are expertise on the switching side, I would say no need for a support contract nothing is required for a license.

It's okay if you have a support contract on the single switch it ok you can upgrade other switches as well.

If your device got faulty what about the RMA device replacement?

Thanks,
Jitendra

@Jitendra Kumar wrote:
If your device got faulty what about the RMA device replacement?

Cisco Enhanced Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty

The Cisco Catalyst 9500 Series Switches come with an Enhanced Limited Lifetime Warranty (E-LLW) that includes Next-Business-Day (NBD) delivery of replacement hardware where available and 90 days of 8x5 Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC) support. Your formal warranty statement, including the warranty applicable to Cisco software, appears in the information packet that accompanies your Cisco product. We encourage you to carefully review the warranty statement shipped with your specific product before use. Cisco reserves the right to refund the purchase price as its exclusive warranty remedy.

Cisco Catalyst IOS Software Update Program for Cisco Catalyst 9200, 9300, 9400, 9500 and 9600 Series switches Product Bulletin

This Program allows customers using a valid Cisco.com ID to receive the following:

●      Free critical updates:

◦    Free critical updates are available to the original customer for up to 1 year after announced end-of-support. These critical updates maintain the compliance of the Software with published specifications, release notes and industry wide compliance.
◦    Free vulnerability and security updates are available to the original customer for up to 3 years after announced end-of-sale.
◦    No support contract is required to obtain these software updates.

●      Free major and minor releases:

◦    Free major and minor release updates are available to an original customer moving from one release to another within the same perpetual license level (i.e. Cisco Network Advantage or Cisco Network Essentials).
◦    No support contract is required to obtain these releases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card