Views
Helpful
Replies

Industrial ethernet switch

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

My customer is asking for an industrial switch 2 10g sfp ports and 18 poe 10/100/1000M ports

I could not find this

Please help

9 Replies 9

@balaji.bandi 

I came across these @cisco live and was surprised how rugged they were - They looked serous hardware even though try were in theory  just switches.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

They design to work on  high temperature environment, and like big stock place (like Ikea or industraial areas) - i also see so much dust areas like manifacturing very helpfull, it also help whee people required PCB connection back to main office.

but new models added SFP and more PoE.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @adeebtaqui ,

IE4010 , IE5000 rack mounting should have 10GE uplinks . There is also a new model in the IE3x00 newer models should be IE3300 on some models and these have small format and can be installed on DIN trail.

The last ones should be good for access layer in a cabinet.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

@balaji.bandi @Giuseppe Larosa @paul driver 

Thankyou

Below is the solution. 

This switch has 2 10G ports alongwith 8 POE++ ports and can expanded to 8 POE ports using expansion module making total ports 18.

Two Catalyst IE3300 w/ 8 GE Copper (4PPoE) & 2 10G SFP with 8 GE PoE+ Copper ports, Expansion Module and 480W AC Power Supply (Lite)

With 10G industrial SFPs , SFP-10G-BXD-I= & SFP-10G-BXU-I=

But there is some question arising in my mind due to the 10G industrial SFP, it says in datasheet that “A SFP-10G-BXD-I device is always connected to a SFP-10G-BXU-I device with a single strand of standard SMF with an operating transmission range up to 10 km.”

Kindly advice if we can connect using single mode fiber patch cord, a  IE-3300-8U2X-E having SFP-10G-BXU-I= to another existing Cisco 9606R having SFP-10G-LR-S or any other existing other vendor switch having 10GbaseLX SFP.

Kindly advice if we can connect using single mode fiber patch cord, a  IE-3300-8U2X-E having SFP-10G-BXD-I= to another existing Cisco 9606R having SFP-10G-LR-S or any other existing other vendor switch having 10GbaseLX SFP.

Kindly advice if we can connect using single mode fiber patch cord, a  IE-3300-8U2X-E having SFP-10G-BXU-I= to another IE-3300-8U2X-E having SFP-10G-BXU-I=

Hello @adeebtaqui ,

as suggested by @balaji.bandi 

"A SFP-10G-BXD-I device is always connected to a SFP-10G-BXU-I device with a single strand of standard SMF with an operating transmission range up to 10 km."

You should use the complementary type on the normal switch port and a single fiber 

These special optics implement a sort of two wavelenghts DWDM in a single fiber so one type transmits on an optical channel on lambda 1 and the other one receives on it. The opposite type sends on lambda 2 and the other side receives on lambda2.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Technically you can used 10G-LR both side if you looking to connect Cat 9K

They do support 10G-LR as per the documentation, make sure you use same optic both the sides.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-ie3300-rugged-series/datasheet-c78-741759.html

Still you have question contact local Cisco partnet or Live chat can also help you.

BB

Eventhough Normal 10G-LR is supported on IE3300, we cannot use this on industrial IE3300 as we would require industrial SFP due to environment

yes that was also concerned to me before i was advised, i totally agree the SFP will not going to survive with the heat and exposed, in that case this need to same both the side. check the compatable matrix for the idustrial SFP on 9K side please.

SFP-10G-BXD-I= & SFP-10G-BXU-I= (i do see cat 9K has support)

BB

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card