Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing I/O Module into Nexus 7000 Series

Hi,

I just recently got a 48 port module for our Nexus 7000 series and I was just wondering what the correct installation instructions are. I thought it was merely plug and play but that does not seem to work. When I plug in the module into slot 1, the status light on the module blinks red. When I SSH into the Nexus management and run a "show hardware," it says that module 1 is empty. I tried this for other slots as well. It's as if the module is not being recognized even though it is plugged in (because the status light blinks red).

Any Ideas?

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

What type of module are you installing and what version of software are you using?

Usually it takes a few minutes for the module to go on line

It it does not then you may have a bad module

HTH

The module is the N7K-F248XP-25E which is a F2-Series 48 port 1/10G Ethernet. The software version running on the Nexus 7000 is 6.1(2).

I left the module in overnight and it still showed the blinking red light this morning.

Then most likely you have a bad module

Open a ticket with TAC and RMA the module

HTH

Ok thank you very much.

I didn't have to enable the slot or anything like that to get it to work right? It should've been just plug and play?

Correct you do not need to do anything.  It should be plug and play. I have installed F2 modules before and it was all plug and play

HTH

Dale Miller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you insert the module do you see any errors in the log?

Please collect show log last 50 and present any messages specific to the problem. I dont expect much if the module is not recognized then most likely no diagnostics even get a chance to run during boot.

Also when you install the card and look for it on the switch are you in the admin VDC?

Dale

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card