Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing L3 License Nexus 5548

Patrick McHenry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have my license file ID - now I need to activate it. Does anyone know a good link for the step by step install?

I have this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide_chapter_01.html#task_24958

Not sure what it is askiing me to do. Where is says "switch# install license bootflash:license_file.lic"

Should I put the LicFileID in place of the license_file?

Also, I've heard that the L3 daughter card requires a Lan Base license as well and sometimes it is not included in the L3 daughter card. Must I install the Lan Base as well?

Thank you, Pat.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pat,

That is correct.  You put the license file name where "license_file.lic" is located.  The license file name usually has .llc as the extension. 

If you have an enterprice lisence, it shoud work with L3 card.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Once you install the Layer 3 card, the Layer 3 licence is included. You'll need to just enable the license via CLI.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Wii App

Thanks Leo - what is the command to enable the license?

Thank you

You would need to enable the features that require the layer 3 license such as feature eigrp, feature ospf etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card