cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interface vlan on a nexus5548UP without any L3 daughter card ?

sbrunell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am searching whether on a nexus5548UP without any L3 daughter card the "interface vlan" command is supported. 

- according to the command configuration guide, it does not require any license (but the need or not of a L3 daughter card is not specified)

- according to this post (https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/lan-switching-and-routing/inter-vlan-routing-on-n5548p-without-l3-daughter-cards/td-p/2241651), "interface vlan" commands can be configured without the presence of a L3 daughter card but I would like to be sure it will be a supported configuration (on this post, some are saying you need the L3 card and the license but as the commands are apparently accepted, I prefer to doublecheck).

In my case I would just need to configure 1 interface vlan in order to have an IP to be the source of an ERSPAN session on my N5548UP. I will have access to a platform at the end of the week and will do some testing but if someone already has some answers ...

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

For 5500 series, an L3 daughter card is needed to do Inter-vlan routing but if you only need one SVI with IP, it should work without an L3 daughter card.

HTH

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
Do you maybe know if this is a supported configuration ? I always had either a full L3 switch (with the L3 daughter card) or a L2 one (without any L3 interfaces).
Thanks in advance.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card