cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS recovery process of Cisco 4500 switch with Supervisor Engine -6

s.prakash
Level 1
Level 1

what is the IOS recovery process of Cisco 4500 switch with Supervisor Engine -6? Right now i am at the ROMMON prompt how do i recover from here.

4 Replies 4

manju.cisco
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Do you have valid image in flash or slot0 ??

If you have valid image in flash or slot0 you can boot from rommon mode using these commands

rommon 1>dir bootlfash:

rommon 1>dir slot0:

rommon 2>boot bootflash:

rommon 2>boot slot0:

PS: I used this method for 4500 Sup V 10GE, probably you can try the same and it works.

If you dont have valid image on this switch then you can copy a valid image from other switch to a disk and use it in this switch as slot0:, this wil be easy way.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply..

I dont have a valid image, so what is the process of uploading a new image to supervisor 6 from ROMMON mode through a tftp server.

Regards

Easy way is to download the ios from cisco and then transfer it to your compact flash.

you  can do it this way., download to your laptop, move it to a tftp server,  then from tftp server load it into a switch which has compact flash in  it, and then move the compact flash to the switch which is in rommon  mode and issue the command boot slot0:

this would be simple for you.

did this method worked for you ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Quickest way is to transfer the IOS into a valid CF and let the supervisor card boot the CF.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card