Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS XE for ISO 270001

Fachrezi Aldian
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a Cisco C9300L-48P-4X with IOS XE 17.6.5 software. I will conduct an audit in a few days, is the IOS version in accordance with the ISO 27001 standard? If not, what version of IOS is compliant with the standard, with a stable version?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Fachrezi Aldian ,

the ISO 27001 standard represent a framework of measures designed for companies in order to enable them to manage their information security. The standard is not aimed or implemented in products.

Cisco as a company is certified ISO 27001.

You will have the audit on your network and there probably will be some finding or non-conformities which you will then remediate through device configuration or other administrative measures like policies and procedures.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

17.6.5 is ok and stable, but  depends what vulnerable you looking for. how harden the configuration put in to secure the device important here.

if you like you can go to latest 17.9.4a also suggested.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hi balaji bandi,

Is version 17.6.5 included to iso 27001 standard?

by installing IOS XE latest version means it is protected by the vendor based on the security holes reported.

this does not mean it protect 100% - you need to configure the device to protect based on the requirement.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Fachrezi Aldian ,

the ISO 27001 standard represent a framework of measures designed for companies in order to enable them to manage their information security. The standard is not aimed or implemented in products.

Cisco as a company is certified ISO 27001.

You will have the audit on your network and there probably will be some finding or non-conformities which you will then remediate through device configuration or other administrative measures like policies and procedures.

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

randyorten7707
Level 1
Level 1

@Fachrezi Aldian wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a Cisco C9300L-48P-4X with IOS XE 17.6.5 software. I will conduct an audit in a few days, is the IOS version in accordance with the ISO 27001 standard? If not, what version of IOS is compliant with the standard, with a stable version?

Stability and reliability are important considerations, especially for network infrastructure in an ISO 27001-compliant environment. Choose a software version that has a reputation for stability and reliability, with minimal bugs or issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card