Or any alternative method to change it to IP Service

Thanks

Calvin

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Calvin,

There is no alternate method to change the IP Base IOS to IP Service.

You have to download the IP Service code from cisco.com and upgrade your cisco switch to this version.

Once you are done then you will be able to use the features metioned over there.

Link to activate the license:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/white_paper_c11-579326.html

More info;

The 3750E series use software activation.  You can buy a license to upgrade the license on your switch to IP Services .

#

3750E-IPSLCB-QTY - IP Services for Cisco Catalyst 3750-E 24 ports, upgrade  from IP Base

Q. What Cisco® Catalyst® fixed switches offer software activation?

#

A. Cisco Catalyst 3750-E and  3560-E Series Switches offer software activation.

Q. What is software  activation, and how does it work?

#

A. Software activation  authorizes and activates the Cisco IOS® Software feature set. A special file contained in the  switch, called a license file, is examined by Cisco IOS Software when the switch  is powered on. Based on the license's type, Cisco IOS Software activates the  appropriate feature set. License types can be changed or upgraded to enable a  different feature set.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/QandA_Software_Activation.html

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Steven Clinton
Level 1
Level 1

You will have to login to your Cisco account and download the required iOS based on the model you provided, then you can transfer the image to your switch via TFTP or FTP. Once uploaded, you will have to direct the switch to boot from the new IOS.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Technically, yes, you can download and upgrade your switch to support BGP routing.  Depending on the IOS version, for BGP, you'll need either the Advanced IP Services or just IP Services image.

Legally, though, you'll also need a ("paper") license to use an IOS image "better" than IP Base.

PS:

BTW, there is a difference between the original series 3750s and the later E and X series.  I'm assuming you're using an original model, Inayath is assuming you're using an E or X model.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card