Views
Helpful
Replies

ipv6, dhcp with a standalone server

MrJanolov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone !

I'm trying to set up a small network with one cisco 3750G. I've got 3 VLANs, two for client subnets and one for my windows 2008 r2 dhcp server. I want to use my windows server as the dedicated dhcp server. I have assign ipv6 addresses to all my vlans and tried to enable ipv6, ipv6 unicast-routing and relay agents but i can't get any leases from my dhcp server to my clients. Has anyone got a clue on how to solve this ?

//MrJanolov, Sweden

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You want your clients to get ipv6 config via DHCP and not the addresses via SLAAC? if so then you can suppress RA on the interface pointing towards client with the ipv6 nd suppress-ra command or use the ipv6 nd managed-config command to tell the clients to use DHCPv6 and not SLAAC.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You want your clients to get ipv6 config via DHCP and not the addresses via SLAAC? if so then you can suppress RA on the interface pointing towards client with the ipv6 nd suppress-ra command or use the ipv6 nd managed-config command to tell the clients to use DHCPv6 and not SLAAC.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

yes exactly.Okey I'll try to supress the RA, will be back with the results. Thnx for your answer.

//MrJanolov

Hello again!

It worked when I added both commands under the client VLANs. Thnx again.

//MrJanolov

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card