Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 forwarding

dejanlesnik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm a beginner in cisco routers, so pleas bare with me. I like to complicate things, so I got one IPv4 and /64 IPv6 addresses. In attach picture is a network that I would like to build.

I got one cisco 1800 router with C181X Software, Version 12,4

I also got one switch catalyst 3560

In a router I programd  FE0 and Vlan1. Between is NAT for IPv4 addresses and DHCP. This configuration is for IPv4 packets. But all IPv6 packets I would like to forward (like switch) to my local network. Is this possible? In my network, some devices will have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. How can I do that without rooting or translating IPv6 to IPv4?

Thank you

Dejan

3 Replies 3

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dejan,

Are you looking for host inside your network talking to each other via ipv6, or host in your network talk to outside your network via ipv6? If it is latter, I don't think there is a solution.

HTH,
Lei Tian

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi

hosts from inside to outside and reverse. If its not possible, I will have to do conversion from 6to4.

I hope to forward one protocol and route another.

Thank you

Dejan

Hi Dejan,

I have not tested it personally but if you do  configure an IPv4 address and no IPv6 address on the SVI interface, all IPv6  traffic should be L2 switched and IPv4 traffic routed.

Regards

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card