cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the Cisco SRW2008 compatible with Catalyst 3560 channel groups?

l_lee
Level 1
Level 1

We have a number of Catalsyt 3560 switches, 48 and 24 port. I want to run fibre from one of them to a building where I'd like to use a small little switch with two GBIC ports and 8 - 12 ports, (I actually only need about 5). I want to have that switch support channel groups, which we use throughout the property. I know that the SRW2008 supports port aggregation through LACP, but I believe that's only for its 8 Gigabit ports and not the mini-GBICs. So far I've seen no mention of channel groups, for it.

I called the Small Business group and it was by far the worst Cisco call I've ever been a part of. I lost count of the 'I don't knows' and the most annoying part was the implicit number of 'I don't care to know', that went along with them.

Does anyone here have any insight or a suggestion for an alternative unit?

Thanks,

LCL

2 Replies 2

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go into the config , its either going to let you do it or it won't be an option for those 2 ports .

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Do you really need to have etherchannel for 5 users? if you don't then I recommend an 8 port 3560 that comes with 8 10/100 copper and one fiber SFP uplink (WS-C3560-8PC-S) or a 3560 with 12 copper 10/100 and 1 fiber SFP uplink (WS-C3560-12PC-S)

here is the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/product_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7d.html

HTH

Reza

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card