Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

After two days I am still having trouble figuring out what I am missing here.I have all users using dynamic NAT (PAT) to access the internet except now it is time to give one user a public IP address in order to run a server.When I add the static NAT...

I know I've seen 3560's that support multicast routing but mine doesn't recognize the command(config)#ip mu?% Unrecognized commandIs there a minimum IOS that I'm supposed to have or anything else that is a prereq to a switch supporting multicast?#sh ...

I have a Multilayer Switch Feature (WS-F6K-MSFC2) installed in a 6509 chassis.The MSFC hangs periodically where no traffic traverses the switch and from the supervisor I must issue a reset to the device.It will recover after a fashion.It has a redund...

I am having trouble configuring EIGRP summarization. Attached is the network diagram. I am using the CCNA virtual lab to configure this.Router configs:R1    --snip--    interface Serial0/0/0      ip address 192.168.1.34 255.255.255.252      no ip dir...

HiHow do I identify if my CAM Table is full on Cisco 2960how many mac address entry can 2960 storeIf I have /22 network ; how does it impact 2960 boxWe noticed performance degraded for end users?

I have both Cisco Base (SW) and SMARTNet contract. What i need is detailed diagnostics, recommendations, inventory, field notices, security advisories, and End-of-Life notices on monthly basis. Especially with hardware EOL inventory and software bugs...

Hi All,             I have two routers 3845 both have two ISPs then I have two switches 3750 and 3560 connected to these routers and then further I have checkpoint firewalls. Now I want redundancy and load sharing of Lan traffic coming by firewalls t...

tarnhundal by Level 1
  • 24 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts,I attached last time the config and error with this message. But don't know why it didn't attach. anyway i attach those files now.I have some confusion regarding etherchannel. The scenario is1) one the IBM blade server there are 4 cisco...

Resolved! failover

A general question here regarding failover. in the attached diagram, if  router1 fails, should the firewalls also failover accordingly? or the traffic would continue flowing based on standby router taking over as active.Thanks in advance.

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just upgraded my IOS from TFTP, and it now goes in circles with a software reload. Any suggestions would be appreciated.>?$            Toggle cache stateB [filename] [TFTP Server IP address | TFTP Server Name]             Load and execute system im...

stevec90 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I had install sup720 on 6509 switch, when i issued sh module i get the following: 1 24 CEF720 24 port 1000mb SFP WS-X6724-SFP SAL08342PZG 2 24 CEF720 24 port 1000mb SFP WS-X6724-SFP SAL104040MR 3 48...

osamaokok by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has any come across this error "%RTT-3-IPSLANEGATIVEVALUE: IP SLAs(1): Negative Value for ICPIF loss value". Appearing constantly..switch configip sla 11tcp-connect 192.16.2.5 9100 source-port 55tos 32frequency 300ip sla schedule 11 life forever star...

hican anyone tell me why I would need to use the match any, or match all statements in my class map, I have only normally used the match access list command.thanksCarl