cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue on Implementing StackWise Virtual

Raj_82
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to set up Cisco C9500-40X-A Switches with stackwise-virtual configuration. The installation is new.

The port enters the "Not connected" state. following the Switch's virtual link configuration. I initially believed there was a problem with the SFPs or the Switch port, so I tested several ports and SFP modules. the same problem. Additionally, there is no cable issue.

Same software version,license type, StackWise Virtual domain

Configuration on both the switches

stackwise-virtual

domain 1

stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection

inter ran ten 1/0/39, ten 1/0/40

stackwise-virtual link 1

Additionally, I tried to modify the Switch number to 2 and the Switch Priority on Switch to 15.

The stackwise-virtual dual-active-detection link is operational following configuration, but the virtual link is not.

Can somebody assist me in troubleshooting the problem? I've included the configuration file as a reference

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-9500-series-switches/216537-troubleshoot-svl-on-catalyst-9000-switch.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Raj_82
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply, we have QSFP-40G Direct-Attach Cables. we are unable to use because the ports are 10G and it is not supporting to use as to conenct svl. so i have tried to configure the SVL with two 10G RJ45. it is not coming up. The port is working after configuaring SVl it is going into down state. 

Our switch model is C9500-40X. 

is there any limitation to use 10G RJ45 for SVL? 

do we need use fiber SFPs?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card