cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISSUES: c2950G-24-EI

mrbclark
Level 1
Level 1

Just purchase two WS-C2950G-24-EI switches. Both are labeled to be manufactured in 2004.

Problem I have is one switches blink the SYST LED amber, while STAT is solid green. I'm unable to console into it..

Second switch I seem to be able to console into. What worries me is it will continuously crash. Info here, but seems to be configurable at this point... I've completed a #write erase, reload; since it still had the previous config loaded, but hangs after reload and unable to console in until I power off the unit.... output.

http://pastebin.com/d2e928ceb

s: com4

b: 9600

sb: 1

p: n

fc: n

22 Replies 22

vishwancc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What is will suggest go to the Rommon,and upgrade the IOS .It seems there are lot of bugs for this IOS.

Chao

Vishwa

We're can I obtain the latest working release for this switch? Again, this is only a personal lab and no production environment.

mrbclark
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone here whom can help...

its not transferring what isthe error now?

With all do respect, I have done all of the aforementioned, and previously stated it....

Under support tab there is option download software you can download new image for your switch. If that can help.

I have tried the same proces 3-4 times without having any problem and i dont know what is problem with yours.

Few things which i noticed you are just typing something. Like you set baud rate to 115200 then you tried to unset it. There is no such unset command.When you set baud with new speed it overwrites the earlier one.

Read the document carefully and follow the process as it has told in that document.

Just go through all the message and see did i told you to delete the image i told you to backup NOT delete. That too after watching you using write erase frequnetly in case you erase image also.

unset BAUD is a valid command. If the BAUD rate is not reset, you will not be able to console back in, until the switch has been reset.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_tech_note09186a0080169696.shtml

FYI: I never stated any such thing... I backed up the image and deleted it from flash because there was no more room, if this is a working switch TFTPdnld or XMODEM would work and deleting is not an issue. So don't be lecturing me about what you think I assumed of you... so stop!

My issue is uploading the image to the switch it's quite obvious there. I've noted every step I made and posted it, but you constantly overlook that work...

The connection is breaking somewhere, previously noted post, the switch isn't responding to either XMODEM or tftp, which is why changing the baud rate was necessary troubleshooting.

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only thing I can add is if you can't see anything via the console try changing the speeds on your terminal emulator from 9.6 to the other speeds like 19.6,36.4 all the way up to 115200 and see if you can get any output out of the thing . I also would try to use something other than hyperterm like Tera Term for your terminal emulator . If you try the software recovery again after that and it still doesn't work then the hardware is probably toast. You could try and get cisco to replace it as they have a lifetime warranty but I don't know the stipulations of that warranty whether its for the original purchaser etc...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card