Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a 6500 w/ Sup 720 (12.2(18)SXD5,) in our data center, one of the vlan interfaces is receiving alot of input queue drops/flushes. It is only roughly 0.002% of the packets, and doesn't appear to be causing any major issues.Increasing the queue...

burruss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need some expert advise on how to perfrom probing in load balance environment. This is my first post here... very little router experience.Basically, I want to load balance two Windows Sharepoint intranet web servers. The two servers are ident...

ultra-man by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

does any one know what can sporadically cause the router to clear the arp table for some host but not all. this is just one of many VLANS that do this. I have other that 90% of the arp entries timeout at the same time. I do not have arp timeout confi...

sschulak by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiIn my office we are using 6509 switch for server load balancing thr IOS SLB. I have configured 4 VServerfarm on this switch. (I configured as suggested in Cisco site for IOS slb)Everything works fine as we expected. But the problem is if I add or a...

SO I admint, routing IS NOT my speciality but am needing to figure an advanced configuration out.We have our corporate LAN (192.168.0.0/24) and a VLAN (10.10.0.0/24) (VLAN1). Corporate LAN connects to VLAN1 location by direct fiber connection VIA 282...

Does anyone know why Advanced IP Services IOS is required when configuring a 6500 with Dual 10G VSS 1440 Supervisors? IOS Base is allowed for a single supervisor, but not dual sup.I'm just curious why this requirement is put in place when purchasing...

Where can I found a doc or link that list ALL (recents and olds) bugs from an IOS (12.0(5.2)XU)?In the release note of this IOS don't says anything about my problem (the doc's date if July 20, 2000)... The switch has a proble like a memory leak.Regar...

Simple topologyMSFC -> ACEThe above is in redundant design i.e. two 6500 chassis. MSFC has HSRP defined where all the VLANs/SVI are active only on Chassis 1. ACE is in bridged mode and the host is connected to the server lan. When ACE is active on th...

Hi again guys and girls.quick qustion about port security. Please answer to prevent me from going insane here!!When setting up port-security and not using the 'sticky' options, the mac addresses will be saved on the switch as 'securedynamic' . If I u...

Hi all,i have linksys router at home model isWRT54G.It is 4 port Router.I have wi ficonnection with cable router and router connects to shaw cable modem.MY PC Gateway IP is 192.168.1.1and mac address of Gateway is 00:1D:7E:53:2B:09.my question is in...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,My edge switch is not pingable from other location over WAN but when I login to any edge switch in tha location I could ping and telnet in the switch...any idea what the problem is ?

ergonullu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes