Views
Helpful
Replies

L2 redundancy

Ziggy74
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

in a site I have two Nexus 3000 which on one side have the fiber with the ISP but behind them they have the existing local network that I would like to connect parallel to the two nexus.

Can i apply the VPC?

SW1,2,3 and 4 are 2960.

If the fiber on Nexus1 goes down I would like all traffic to pass through the nexus2 and also in the case of a HW fault on one of the two nexus the local traffic go automatically to the other switchscenario.jpg, would a port channe/etherchannell be enough?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this sw1 to  4 stacked ? so 2 cable good enough to connect to Nexus 1 and Nexus 2 with vPC ( so load automatically shared)

even if the sw1 to Sw4 are individual - connect them to nexus 1 and nexus 2 uplink make them as vPC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

is this sw1 to  4 stacked ? so 2 cable good enough to connect to Nexus 1 and Nexus 2 with vPC ( so load automatically shared)

even if the sw1 to Sw4 are individual - connect them to nexus 1 and nexus 2 uplink make them as vPC

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello Belanji,

thanks for your response.

Sw1,2,3 and 4 are individual so i have to connect each switch (1,2,3,and 4) to N1 and N2 for exmple 

sw1 two trunk , one to N1 and second to N2

sw2 two trunk , one to N1 and second to N2

same for sw3 and sw 4

i understood right?

thanks 

Nexus is core or agg, so just config vpc between two nexus and connect each sw in access layer to both nexus.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card