Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

i have a layer two switch with vlan 30 connected to a firewall as its gateway i configured an svi on vlan 30 to be able to manage iti can reach its from within the subnet but not from outside  interface GigabitEthernet1/0/11 switchport access vlan 30...

MicrosoftTeams-image.png
a.alyahia by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  We've started using 3650 switches, and on two occasions when we've added a new member to the stack the stack has rebooted. Scenario last night: 1 x 3650 powered on and active, running 16.3.6. Connected the stack cables to link in two more switch...

Hi A switch default behavior is , if QOS is not enabled , to trust DSCP marking( or just pass through Marking) . But if I enable auto qos on one interface all the other interfaces are automatically in NON trust state and start rewriting DSCP to 0.Her...

maamann by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two cisco Nexus 93108TC Chassis Im having problem with the traffic going in and out the interface, please let me know what I missed.Thank you in advance.From the logging:zhongxinjifang9300-1 %ETH_PORT_CHANNEL-5-FOP_CHANGED: port-channel2: firs...

I'm going to upgrade one our our Catalyst 4948E switches, but when wanting to downloading the latest 15.2 image, i'm presented with following choices and have no idea what the difference is between the 3 of them What is the difference? I'm puzzled.

cat4948E.jpg

We have two p2p links from diffrent ISP in between our data center and our HO, connected on two different routers at both ends, we want to load balance traffic on these two links from both ends. We are using static routing and HSRP for failover. Plea...

Hi all, Normally if the customers do not want to connect to the internet then SLR is one of options in my understanding.So now I am looking at the the following URL which is about SLR operation below.https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan...

SLR-Reservation_Authorization_Code.png
mhiyoshi by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone.I have a factory defaulted SG300-28PP switch. It has been updated to firmware version 1.4.11.5, boot version 1.3.5.06. It has been functioning perfectly for the past few months (or, at least I thought so). Yesterday I moved it from a c...

softbox by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a challenge with a client,here is the issue.They have 2 aggregate switches, SW1 and SW2 in branch A. SW1 got damaged during lightning , so they switched to backup SW2, now pinging the switch from branch B using cmd it is not reachable but ...

Tosin Ola by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,Want to know about broadcast packet troubleshoot.We are suddenly observing high broadcast packets on interfaces. Can anyone pls explain how much broadcast packets are normal on an interface (% in terms of total traffic).Which all show commands...

Good daykindly new to this platform and still a newbie on networks especially switching..got a traditional network design i.e 2 cores, 4 distributions and access SWs, with redundant links between, between cores GLBP..and also running eigrp internally...

gm45 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes