Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L3 Core Switch Upgrade

Good day, everyone!

We're updating our Cisco L3 Core Switch (WS-C3560G-48PS-E), and I saw this section in the Migration PID area while checking our Cisco Active Advisor page:

PID Migration C9300L-48P-4X-A 

Is this to indicate that the Cisco model outlined above is the best option for an upgrade?

We were considering the C9300X-24Y-A as a replacement for our existing WS-C3560G-48PS-E, however the migration PID C9300L-48P-4X-A confused us.

Please let me know if the C9300X-24Y-A is a better replacement for our EOL WS-C3560G-48PS-E than the C9300L-48P-4X-A.

Thank you very much for all of your assistance and support, as always.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@MidmacContractingCoWLL10402 wrote:

Is this to indicate that the Cisco model outlined above is the best option for an upgrade?

Without knowing ANYTHING about the network, NO.

PID Migration C9300L-48P-4X-A 

YES, the PID Migration C9300L-48P-4X-A which indicated in Cisco Active Advisor is designed to replace WS-C3560G-48PS-E as per the cisco sales consultants. 

I appreciate your input as well. Have a nice day ahead. 

You're not answering my question. 

No one is going to say "yay" or "nay" based on the the very limited and very broad information provided. 

All everyone knows is a 3560G is a "core switch".

WHAT ELSE?  

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

YES and NO...

if we understand the port requirement is 24 not 48, since your old model has 48 ports, we are not sure how many ports are in use in that.

if you looking 48 ports you need to look the model suggested or do validation of your requirement.

check the models :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello MidmacContractingCoWLL10402, 

Both devices are completely different, Cat9300L has different  UADP, different stack options, fixed uplinks, PoE options, etc. The new Catalyst 9300X provides highest speed uplinks (e.g.: 2 x100/40G QSFP, 8 X 10G-mGig, 8 x 10/25G) NexGen UADP, etc.

Based on that, and all the previous recommendation, you need to gather the most information you can about the role the device is playing in your network and what you would like to improve when upgrading the hardware. 

Do you have PD connected? do you need to improve the uplink speed?  Are you expecting to host/run third party apps on  your switch??  etc. etc. The more information the better you can select a new device to replace your Cat3560.

In addition, just for your information in this family , Cisco has:

Catalyst 9300L

Catalyst 9300

Catalyst 9300X

HTH 

Leonardo 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card