Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 3 redundancy for two differents site

Hello,

We made some changes in our Database and i need to configure two layer 3 switchs working in redundancy for two differents site.

If the first switch lose the internet connection the second gonna take the rule and allow all the users go the internet and that in 60 secondes like a time.

I need to use the HSRP ? or there any other solution to make this work ?

Thank youSwitching

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HSRP and SLA is the option for you, again we need to know High level how these L3 streached on your network.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition, each layer 3 switch will need, ideally a connection to your internet routers, receiving a default route from both and by manipulating the incoming metric choose between them, 

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hello,

Im already use the both switch (cisco WS-C3650-48TS) like a core switch for each site, and the switch is connected directly to our Firewall PA to ISP.

Also i made a OSPF configuration between the both site, because all the servers is implemented in one site.

How i can manipulating the incoming metric between them ?

Since PA is your internet side, you need to look how PA behaves this kind of siluation. 

is the PA directly connected to Internet ? or do you have internet router ? you have BGP or Static route to ISP ?

BB

The PA is connected to the ISP Router, that mean directly to the internet
However i need to make it in the cisco switch, the PA is configured by a policy group

Hope you are running HSRP - PA connected side and internally also.

since you are doing PBR - you are consider failover on north bound..to track the failed route and do traffic engineering based on available route.

BB

I don't make yet the configuration, that's the request from our Manager

i need to be sur if the HSRP gonna work perfectly or i can make the configuration on the PA firewall

thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card