- Small isolated network (no internet access)
- No DHCP server running, all IP addresses are static
- TFTP server is running at 192.168.4.101
- Have switch IP configuration (vlan1) set to 192.168.4.200, subnet mask 255.255.255.0
- Cannot successfully ping TFTP server from switch
- Cannot successfully ping switch from itself
- Switch is directly connected to TFTP server via cat5 straight through cable
This is my first time using Cisco products, so I am very much a newbie when correctly setting them up.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Your post asks about doing TFTP for SW download. Is this a running switch (running successfully) and you want to upgrade code or is this a switch lacking IOS and you are trying to TFTP an image to recover from a problem? Knowing this would make some difference in what steps we would suggest that you try.
The switch is running successfully, but does not include the cryptographic software image that I need to enable SSH. I have downloaded the image from the Cisco support site, and have the .bin in the TFTP repository on the server. No other switches on this network have the cryptographic software image either.
Thanks for the help,