cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Address Issue with Specific Ports on Switch

Zbchht
Level 1
Level 1

I am using a C9200 v 16.10.1r and specific ports on my switch that won't allow me to connect or ping a device. I checked the mac address table and the device is not showing up there either. The cable and patch panel have been checked and are working fine. 

This is the configuration for the port and it matches another port exactly but this port won't work. The interface is showing as up up. I can fix this issue by plugging into a new port and configuring it, but this issue has appeared on 3 different ports, so I would like to be able to use those ports.

switchport access vlan 104
switchport mode access
spanning-tree portfast
spanning-tree bpduguard enable

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Perhaps it's an issue with the particular device's network stack; what if you connect another device-type on  those ports ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The port won't work with any device I plug into or configure the vlan. The next few ports over is the same case. So for example, port 25-32 have not worked. I noticed when I plug a device into these ports they show only 1 packet input, 68 bytes, 0 no buffer but packets are going out. 

Seems like a hardware issue. Open a ticket with TAC and have them investigate. You may have to RMA the switch.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card