cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Managed switch. Can this be done?

therealwave
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SG-300-20 Managed switch. I attached a picture of what I want to do. Is this possible to do? How would I go about doing it?

Thanks

managesswitch.png                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use port acl's to accomplish this  although your model switch may or may not support this as I believe that is a lower end cisco switch. Check the documentation. .  If you are dealing with a large amount of ports it becomes kind of pain implementing all those but realistically in your case in that drawing i would think you just need port acl's on the pc and server ports allowing access to each other , everything else is denied.

Port ACLs

You can also apply ACLs to Layer 2 interfaces on a switch. Port ACLs are  supported on physical interfaces and EtherChannel interfaces.

The following access lists are supported on Layer 2 interfaces:

Standard IP access lists using source addresses

Extended IP access lists using source and destination addresses and optional protocol type information

MAC extended access lists using source and destination MAC addresses and optional protocol type information

As with router ACLs, the switch examines ACLs associated with features  configured on a given interface and permits or denies packet forwarding  based on how the packet matches the entries in the ACL. In the example  in Figure 37-1,  if all workstations were in the same VLAN, ACLs applied at the Layer 2  input would allow Host A to access the Human Resources network, but  prevent Host B from accessing the same network.

When you apply a port ACL to a trunk port, the ACL filters traffic on  all VLANs present on the trunk port. When you apply a port ACL to a port  with voice VLAN, the ACL filters traffic on both data and voice VLANs.

With port ACLs, you can filter IP traffic by using IP access lists and  non-IP traffic by using MAC addresses. You can filter both IP and non-IP  traffic on the same Layer 2 interface by applying both an IP access  list and a MAC access list to the interface.

Note You  cannot apply more than one IP access list and one MAC access list to a  Layer 2 interface. If an IP access list or MAC access list is already  configured on a Layer 2 interface and you apply a new IP access list or  MAC access list to the interface, the new ACL replaces the previously  configured one.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Anup Sasikumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

With my very limited knowledge , I think what you trying to do is very much possible.

Put each of these groups into seperate VLANs and configure Access list , configure Access group  in interface VLANs and bind them according to your traffic requirement. But I am not sure if it 's possible in SMB Switches. I have a SMB SF300-24P in the infrastructure , I will check and get back to you on that !

Regards,
Anup

I have just checked and there are ACL /ACE configurations available by which you can accomplish this

Please refer to this thread on the community which will sure help you in understanding how it's done.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2152247

Regards,

Anup

Regards,
Anup

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

all the devices seem to be in the same subnet?

In that case, Private VLAN feature might be a solution for you?

See

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008013565f.shtml

You need to check if supported by your switch, but according to

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps10898/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

it seems so.

HTH,

Milan

Hey,

like I see the switch supports

PVE (also known as protected ports) provides Layer 2 isolation between devices in the same VLAN, supports multiple uplinks

maybe you should take a closer look at this features.

Otherwise the ideas above are also fine..you could also create 4 subnetworks and work with ACL. I'm not sure if the switch supports VACLs and you can work with only one VLAN.

regards,

Sebastian

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use port acl's to accomplish this  although your model switch may or may not support this as I believe that is a lower end cisco switch. Check the documentation. .  If you are dealing with a large amount of ports it becomes kind of pain implementing all those but realistically in your case in that drawing i would think you just need port acl's on the pc and server ports allowing access to each other , everything else is denied.

Port ACLs

You can also apply ACLs to Layer 2 interfaces on a switch. Port ACLs are  supported on physical interfaces and EtherChannel interfaces.

The following access lists are supported on Layer 2 interfaces:

Standard IP access lists using source addresses

Extended IP access lists using source and destination addresses and optional protocol type information

MAC extended access lists using source and destination MAC addresses and optional protocol type information

As with router ACLs, the switch examines ACLs associated with features  configured on a given interface and permits or denies packet forwarding  based on how the packet matches the entries in the ACL. In the example  in Figure 37-1,  if all workstations were in the same VLAN, ACLs applied at the Layer 2  input would allow Host A to access the Human Resources network, but  prevent Host B from accessing the same network.

When you apply a port ACL to a trunk port, the ACL filters traffic on  all VLANs present on the trunk port. When you apply a port ACL to a port  with voice VLAN, the ACL filters traffic on both data and voice VLANs.

With port ACLs, you can filter IP traffic by using IP access lists and  non-IP traffic by using MAC addresses. You can filter both IP and non-IP  traffic on the same Layer 2 interface by applying both an IP access  list and a MAC access list to the interface.

Note You  cannot apply more than one IP access list and one MAC access list to a  Layer 2 interface. If an IP access list or MAC access list is already  configured on a Layer 2 interface and you apply a new IP access list or  MAC access list to the interface, the new ACL replaces the previously  configured one.

ACL's worked great. Thanks for the info.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card