cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

mcast & NAT on an 891 ISR

obi
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to set up an 891 to serve as a gatway for a LAN and a v2 pim router for some multicast sources. The result is from a marriage of two (possibly incompatible) trips through the forums. The last piece of the puzzle is this:

• If I set the the isp-facing interface to "nat outside," I can get online, but the router no longer shows as a pim neighbor at the ISP.
  • If I disable nat-outside, it shows back up in the neighbor list, but devices can't get online.

I've found references to "multicast-routing distributed" online, but the router doesn't seem to support it (invalid input).

Querying the far router is a neat service from my ISP (but naturally only handles show commands).

Is there a way to enable distributed mcast routing? Some preliminary step I've missed? System version is 12.4(22r)YB3.

1 Reply 1

obi
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

Turns out what I'm trying to do might not be possible within the router. So no I've got a little soho gateway connected to f0, and I'm going to try to figure out how to get that online without using NAT on the 891.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card