cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Most recent IOS, Cisco 2513

frankstein239b
Level 1
Level 1

My company is going to have me get CCNA cert. I decided to setup a lab of my own so I can do local

hands-on without needing to use VPN, also in case I made some major mistakes, I would be the only

one calling myself an idiot. I made an impulse purchase of a couple 2500s and a couple 2950s in

a "CCNA kit" form. The version name in the router's flash is 111-17. Since the current IOS is well

beyond that, I have a feeling it wasn't such a great idea to go with this level of router. I can't seem

to find a compatibility matrix for IOS vs hardware. Does anyone know the most up-to-date OS that

will run on 2500s (specifically 2513s)?

Thanks..

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

that's the latest image and only valid 1 the rest are set in deferred mode which should not be used , this image is from 2007 c2500-js-l.122-26c.bin

Mark

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have to know how much flash and dram in your box to see if it will even run 12.X code. 

. Show flash on these 2 has 16777216 total, 11335328 avail.

Show version = 14335K/2049K bytes of memory .

below that is

32k of nvram. 16384k of processor board system flash.

I had extensive experience w. cisco routers back before the 2500s went EOL. I could have sworn they used to have a slot on the front left for compact flash. When I pop the cover, there's an empty space there,no socket. I'm guessing I'm mis-remembering. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card