cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Advice

shimabuku
Level 1
Level 1

I met a friend a few days ago who is leasing space in a few buildings. The space came with Cisco equipment and is currently in use. I drew a diagram in Visio the best I could and was looking for advice regarding this current topology. He has two ISP's but is currently using only one. There are two extra 2621xm's and 6 WS-C3508G-XL. I was thinking of using one of the extra 2621xm's and doing HSRP between the 2911. If you take a look at the diagram there are a bunch of WS-C3550-48 switches hanging off the C2970G switch. Unfortunately there are no layer 3 switches. How would you layout this particular diagram given the two extra 2621xm's and six WS-C3508G-XL?

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking at your diagram, you can keep all the switches as layer-2 only and have 2 routers (one 2911 and one 2621xm) as the default gateway for all host and run HSRP between the 2 routers.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco