cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need recommendation for low power switch upto 24 ports

vjekobalas
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having problems with wifi with mainstream equipment in a home/apartment scenario (peak season - 3 apartments with several tens of devices using wifi) and am looking for something that works. For the switch, I have been considering new/used 3750G and SG300. Could someone
please comment whether one or the other of these switches or some other would have a greater advantage. The switch will be used to connect my home lab, NAS, 4 access points (for home and apartment users) , home automation and low speed internet (under 100Mbps)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I think the 3750G only supports poe and most environments  will need at least poe+(especially newer access points). There are some sg300 models that support poe+ but if you need to enterprise grade switches, then i would look at the 3750X

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

Both options are fine, the 3750G is most robust switch than SG300, but if you want to save energy you should compare the Amp or Watts used by each one. Lowest watts less consumption of energy. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3750-series-switches/product_data_sheet0900aecd80371991.html

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-smart-switches/data_sheet_c78-610061.html

Both switches are great but you need to compare the specs. My personal selection is the 3750G.

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I think the 3750G only supports poe and most environments  will need at least poe+(especially newer access points). There are some sg300 models that support poe+ but if you need to enterprise grade switches, then i would look at the 3750X

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card