cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need some help basic switching

Student Brandon
Level 1
Level 1

I hope this is a appropriate place to post these kind of simple beginner questions, im not only new the site but im new to networking in general, im only a student in an intro course. If this is an ok place to ask questions then you will have to forgive me because i still haven't fully grasped a lot of the terminology or techniques or anything really. I am doing an assignment in packet tracer (ver. 7.2) and for the most part everything is splendid except for one portion. The topology: core.png

Everything can ping everything else (the most important bit for the assignment) except for any host inside the Chicago vlan. any ping from PC3-7 with a destination past Chicago_GW is dropped at the core switch (not the router) any ping with a destination to PC3-7 will pass through Chicago_GW no problem but nothing can leave. I understand this is infuriatingly vague but im am not sure what else is needed to give clearer picture, i will provide anything that is asked. The link between Chicago_GW and core is trunked so i assume its might be something with tagging but again i don't even understand enough to get google to help.

5 Replies 5

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Student Brandon ,

You could compress the pkt file and attach it to review your settings.

Regards

You'll need to forgive the downright embarrassing configurations.

Hi @Student Brandon ,

You must attach the compressed exercise to be able to close your configurations.

If you have problems with compressing the exercise, you can send the .pkt file directly to my email: lcordova@ciisa.cl

Regards

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Share Switch and Router configuration or as best option share you PT lab file. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Here you go, you'll need to forgive the abysmal configurations.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card