cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to replace 3 SG550xg-24F with a comparable, lowest cost catalyst.

foolforthecity
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately, the SG550XG-24F units we bought a couple years ago to replace our old Adtran core are unusable in our environment due to a bug. https://bst.cisco.com/quickview/bug/CSCvq89982  We stacked 3 of them to use as our core to connect all the sites around town. 

We are wondering what the most affordable catalyst is that is at least 10g capable, and is SFP+ ports like the SG550x was. 

We aren't looking to go huge, just what ever is a catalyst equivalent to the SG550 units. Our core connects ~15 sites each with ~10 users, so about 150 users at any given time. 

We have already replaced all the edge switches at our sites around town with SG350x or CBS250 units.  

4 Replies 4

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @foolforthecity 

Based on your requirements, you may want to consider looking into the Cisco Catalyst 9200 Series Switches. They are 10G capable and have SFP+ ports like the SG550XG-24F units. Additionally, the Catalyst 9200 Series Switches are a cost-effective option for small to medium-sized businesses like yours.

However, before making any purchase decisions, it's essential to ensure that the switch meets all of your specific requirements. I would recommend reaching out to a Cisco representative or partner to discuss your needs and get more detailed information about the Catalyst 9200 Series Switches or any other potential switches that meet your requirements.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

I can't seem to find any ALL SFP+ 9200's. Am I missing something?

STD_NetWorld
Level 1
Level 1

Based on requirement Cisco C9300X-24Y or Meraki MS425 will be fit. as per my knowledge c9200 family has no option for 24 port SFP+ 

@STD_NetWorld suggested C9300X-24Y is likely the "entry" 24 port SFP+ fiber platform, in the Catalyst series, but since it's actually a 24 port SFP28, and a Catalyst, not sure how "affordable" it will be in comparison to your SMB SG550xg-24f switches.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card