Views
Helpful
Replies

Netflow for 4506

Deben Bhattarai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 4506 with below sup, my requirement is to enable netfolw , but as i came to know that it is not supported in this sup, is there any additional option which can be explored to get the netflow working without replacing sup. Please suggest.

Card Type                                                     Model         

-------------------------------------------------------------+-----------------------

Sup 6-E 10GE (X2), 1000BaseX (SFP)     WS-X45-SUP6-E    

Regards

Deb

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

frasedude
Level 1
Level 1

To use netflow you need to have the supervisor engine V-10GE or a netflow services card, such as WS-F4531 or sup IV or V.

I am sure you already know this. 

View solution in original post

Deb,

The WS-X45-SUP6-E cannot perform netflow due to a hardware limitation so
there is no way to add netflow support in future IOS releases or with
additional hardware combinations.

Only the Supervisor Engine V-10GE supports netfow, and the Supervisor Engine
IV or a Supervisor Engine V only support netflow in combination with the
NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531).

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hello, the datasheet for your SUP doesn't show any sign of supporting netflow or the netflow services card.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps9294/product_data_sheet0900aecd806df543.html

Also had a look at the Cisco feature navigator for support of Netflow and it came with this list:

Netflow is supported on ios:

SUP-3

SUP-4

SUP-5

SUP-5-10GE

and on ios xe:

SUP-7E

Some of these may require the WS-F4531.

But I have tested on SUP-7E that netflow works without this module.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/netflow/configuration/xe-3s/nf-xe-3s-book.html

By the looks of it, you may need to replace your SUP with another that would allow you to enable Netflow.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

frasedude
Level 1
Level 1

To use netflow you need to have the supervisor engine V-10GE or a netflow services card, such as WS-F4531 or sup IV or V.

I am sure you already know this. 

Thanks for your reply ,

M lill confused .. can i install service for WS-X45-SUP6-E , is it supported to install, is yes whats the model and the cost. Please help...

Deb,

The WS-X45-SUP6-E cannot perform netflow due to a hardware limitation so
there is no way to add netflow support in future IOS releases or with
additional hardware combinations.

Only the Supervisor Engine V-10GE supports netfow, and the Supervisor Engine
IV or a Supervisor Engine V only support netflow in combination with the
NetFlow Services Card (WS-F4531).

HTH

Regards

Inayath

Hello, the datasheet for your SUP doesn't show any sign of supporting netflow or the netflow services card.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps2797/ps9294/product_data_sheet0900aecd806df543.html

Also had a look at the Cisco feature navigator for support of Netflow and it came with this list:

Netflow is supported on ios:

SUP-3

SUP-4

SUP-5

SUP-5-10GE

and on ios xe:

SUP-7E

Some of these may require the WS-F4531.

But I have tested on SUP-7E that netflow works without this module.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/netflow/configuration/xe-3s/nf-xe-3s-book.html

By the looks of it, you may need to replace your SUP with another that would allow you to enable Netflow.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card