Views
Helpful
Replies

Netgear CVG 824g and Linksys SLM2024 24 port switch

theisbc
Level 1
Level 1

Hiya people

I have just installed a Linksys SLM2024 switch in my house and it - along with my Netgear CVG 824g router - delivers internet access to around 20 devices requiring IP's.

My problem is: The Netgear router can only assign IP adresses in the 192.168.0.XXX range. which means I cannot access the Linksys SLM2024's online configuration page which is located at 192.168.1.254. Are there any way to force the Linksys switch into having an IP in the 192.168.0.XXX range? I could try and connect only my laptop, the switch and an old router I have in a network and letting the DHCP server in the old router give my switch the correct IP. Though that just seems like a real hassle if there is an easier solution.

Can you help me?

3 Replies 3

theisbc
Level 1
Level 1

I solved the issue myself by requesting a new router from my internet provider Yousee.

_bigbash_
Level 1
Level 1

You can give your computer a static IP in the 192.168.1.x subnet and browse to the default IP for the switch and change its IP to the 192.168.0.x subnet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Unfortunately that is not possible with this router. I tried to do just that and got an error message with the "You cannot have your own computer on the Guest IP LAN" - and I have no clue why I cannot. I found the answer to my original question on the Yousee forum. There are apparently quite a lot of people who are mad at the Netgear router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card