cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New router, one server unable to access outside.

sampson01
Level 1
Level 1

Two nights ago I replaced my sonicwall with a cisco 2811.  Everything was great, untill the next morning.  Around 9:30am internet stopped.  I was able to ping out by ip but not name.  I logged on to the dns server and found that I could ping internally but not extenally.  I rebooted the server and everything started working.  Put the whole idea out of my mind thinking the server just had an issue.  Untill this monrning, the same thing happened again.  Not sure what is going on, but seems to strange to be a coincidence that the router was just put in and then the server starts acting up.  Any ideas?

2 Replies 2

sampson01
Level 1
Level 1

Disregard, looks like I was able to fix this by creating a new virtual NIC on the dc through vmware.  This gave it a new mac and looks like it has been working all day today.

Ok so I was wrong, it did drop again. I was connected via RDP so I assumed it was up.  However I was not connected to the DC but rather another computer so although the DC lost its connection, I was still able to keep the RDP connection up to another server.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card