Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexos firmware upgrade

Manish Manwal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a Cisco Nexus 3548-X switch currently running NX-OS version 9.2.2. I plan to upgrade the firmware in the following sequence: 9.2.2 → 9.2.4 → 9.3.13. For now, due to space constraints, I have uploaded the compact image.

Could you please confirm if I need to run any additional commands to install the compact image, or if I can use the standard commands typically used for standard images? I am following the procedure outlined in the document here:

Upgrade Nexus 3524 and 3548 NX-OS Software - Cisco

please let me know if i need to run some additional commands for compact image:  I have this file in my bootflash: n3500-compact.9.2.4.bin

THANKS
MANISH MANWAL
2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-3000-series-switches/215781-nexus-3000-3100-and-3500-nx-os-compact.html#toc-hId-840099154

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can use USB to upgrade each step.

Also clear any large consumed logs from device see if you can make space.

Also read always relase notes (make sure you have configuration backup done out of the box to be safe?)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card