Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3k N3K-C3064PQ-10GX add another Nexus for redundancy with vPC domain

Babar82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a standalone Cisco Nexus N3K-C3064PQ-10GX (Nexus 3064-X, 48 SFP + and 4 QSFP + ports) with attached 3 Hosts and a storage. Every hosts and storage has connected to the Nexus with 2 10G ports configured in trunk, without port-channel and LACP each.
I need to add another same Nexus to ensure redundancy to Hosts and storage in case of fail of 1 Nexus.

I have some question:

FIRST QUESTION) I know that the new Nexus N3K-C3064PQ-10GX must be the same NX-os version of the other, and they must be the same license level?
The license of tha actual are:

# sh licen usage

Feature                                               Ins      Lic      Status      Expiry     Date   Comments
                                                                  Count
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAN_BASE_SERVICES_PKG               Yes      -       Unused     Never                    -
LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG    Yes      -       Unused     Never                    -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND QUESTION) I want to configure the peer-link between the 2 Nexus with 2 Link on port 40G (ports 49-52) with 2 QSFP-H40G-CU1M DAC cable, every link is consider 40G port or consider 4 x 10G ports? i ask this because every 40G link results, for example for port 49:

interface Ethernet1/49/1
interface Ethernet1/49/2
interface Ethernet1/49/3
interface Ethernet1/49/4

THIRD QUESTION) After the installation of the second Nexus in vPC domain, if i keep the actual trunk link of the hosts and storage without port-channel, one connected to Nexus A, and one connected to Nexus B, is a problem or i can keep it and the redundancy is preserved?
I can't modify the configuration of the NIC in Hosts and storage.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Babar82
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone helps me?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card