Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3k N3K-C3064PQ-10GX add another Nexus for redundancy with vPC domain

Babar82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a standalone Cisco Nexus N3K-C3064PQ-10GX (Nexus 3064-X, 48 SFP + and 4 QSFP + ports) with attached 3 Hosts and a storage. Every hosts and storage has connected to the Nexus with 2 10G ports configured in trunk, without port-channel and LACP each.
I need to add another same Nexus to ensure redundancy to Hosts and storage in case of fail of 1 Nexus.

I have some question:

FIRST QUESTION) I know that the new Nexus N3K-C3064PQ-10GX must be the same NX-os version of the other, and they must be the same license level?
The license of tha actual are:

# sh licen usage

Feature                                               Ins      Lic      Status      Expiry     Date   Comments
                                                                  Count
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAN_BASE_SERVICES_PKG               Yes      -       Unused     Never                    -
LAN_ENTERPRISE_SERVICES_PKG    Yes      -       Unused     Never                    -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND QUESTION) I want to configure the peer-link between the 2 Nexus with 2 Link on port 40G (ports 49-52) with 2 QSFP-H40G-CU1M DAC cable, every link is consider 40G port or consider 4 x 10G ports? i ask this because every 40G link results, for example for port 49:

interface Ethernet1/49/1
interface Ethernet1/49/2
interface Ethernet1/49/3
interface Ethernet1/49/4

THIRD QUESTION) After the installation of the second Nexus in vPC domain, if i keep the actual trunk link of the hosts and storage without port-channel, one connected to Nexus A, and one connected to Nexus B, is a problem or i can keep it and the redundancy is preserved?
I can't modify the configuration of the NIC in Hosts and storage.

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Babar82
Level 1
Level 1

Can Anyone helps me?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco