cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5000 management

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have a double side vpc setup with 2 N5k's attached to N7k's above.  When we tried to upgrade this past weekend we saw some strange behavior and decided to backout . We lost communication to the secondary switch while we reloaded the primary side . The N5's are managed via a SVI in  vlan 11 which rides the vpc links to the N7ks .  In researching some information I now see they have a command that just says  "management" that you can apply to the SVI , does anyone know what this command does in the whole scheme of operation and upgrading the boxes.  Seems to be little information I can find on this .  Thanks ....

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you referring to the out of band management port?

mgmt0 is in a separate vrf

vrf context management

HTH

No there is a command that you can use on a SVI  just called  "management" and it is applied under the SVI , I'm just wondering what it does and should this be applied under the SVI if it is being used to manage the box . We currently do not have this command under the SVI  and there seems to be little information on what it does or does not do if it's not there . The N5k's do not have routing on them .  We are using a single SVI (vlan 11) to manage the boxes .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card