cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 5672UP Can't Log In

willinit
Level 1
Level 1

On my Cisco Nexus 5672UP, I'm getting the following steam of messages and can't log in both locally and remotely. Locally I just get "Login timed out". Remotely I get "Connection closed". Looking for any suggestions on how I can actually get logged into this device without (hopefully) having to reboot the switch.

2021 Sep 19 20:04:46 Nexus5672UP %$ VDC-1 %$ %DAEMON-2-SYSTEM_MSG: request to AAA service timed out.Using local authentication for login serv]
2021 Sep 19 20:04:46 Nexus5672UP %$ VDC-1 %$ %DAEMON-2-SYSTEM_MSG: request to AAA service timed out.Using local authentication for login serv]
2021 Sep 19 20:04:48 Nexus5672UP %$ VDC-1 %$ %DAEMON-2-SYSTEM_MSG: request to AAA service timed out.Using local authentication for login serv]
2021 Sep 19 20:04:49 Nexus5672UP %$ VDC-1 %$ %DAEMON-2-SYSTEM_MSG: request to AAA service timed out.Using local authentication for login serv]
2021 Sep 19 20:04:49 Nexus5672UP %$ VDC-1 %$ %DAEMON-2-SYSTEM_MSG: request to AAA service timed out.Using local authentication for login serv]
Process did not respond within the expected timeframe, please try again.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It seems like  your authenticating servers are not available (radius?) , do you still have a local account ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The log messages are clear that there is a problem accessing your authentication server and when it attempts local login there is a problem

Using local authentication for login serv]

So I think there is a 2 part problem.

1) why is using the authentication server not working?

2) why is the backup method of using local authentication not working?

I believe that @marce1000 has asked a crucial question - is there a valid local user ID and password configured?

I wonder if there is some issue, perhaps a memory leak, that is impacting the ability to login to the switch? Are there any other unexpected messages in the logging output?

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card