Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 7000/7700 I/O module naming?

What does the last section in part number mean?

N77-M348XP-23L

I assume L means low queue, does 23 have something to do with generation/architecture?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

2 is the minimum number of fabric modules required for card to operate

3 is the minimum number of fabric modules required for card to operate at maximum capacity

The L means its an XL module

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

2 is the minimum number of fabric modules required for card to operate

3 is the minimum number of fabric modules required for card to operate at maximum capacity

The L means its an XL module

In BRKARC-3470 - Cisco Nexus 7000/7700 Switch Architecture, it is said the I/O module can work with just 1 fabric module. What is the reason for linecards to require 2+ fabric modules?

Thanks

I don't have the specifics of why you would require 2 modules exactly you may have to check that with TAC directly its most likely something to do with the architecture or a best practice , I just know what the F & M modules numbers and letters stand for in the platform name as I have researched them before for my own kit

Furose M
Level 3
Level 3

i am sorry to differ here:

23 - 2 refers to the type of fabric module it has. here, it is equipped with Fab 2 fabric card.

3 refers to the minimum no. of fabric modules required to operate at its full capacity. yes, you can have only 1 fabric card but to achieve full bandwidth of this linecard, you require 3 fabic modules.

Cisco Nexus 7000 I/O Module Comparison Matrix

It looks like all N7k I/O modules before M3/F3 supports Fab1.

M2/F2(E) has 22L/23L/25 that works with Fab1. The difference between Fab1 and Fab2 is that Fab2 has 2 x 55Gbps channels while Fab1 has only 1 channel?

sorry. i edited and corrected the mistake. in Nexus 7k, each linecard will also have a fabric in it. the 1st number refers to the fabric the linecard has. so, if you install F1 fabric card in the chassis and use F2 fabric linecard, the linecard would operate as F1.

yes, you are right in terms of channels.

M2, N7K-F3 has only 1 Fabric ASIC I think.

its not about the number of ASIC but the type of ASIC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card