Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 93180YC-EX with PBR

Razvan Craciun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have recently bought a couple of Nexus 93180YC-EX switches for a small datacenter deployment. These switches would also do the core routing for this datacenter.  I plan to use VPC, SVIs, Layer 3 routing (EIGRP over the VPC peer-link) and also Policy Based Routing.

After the switches were shipped, I installed the "starred" version that Cisco recommends for this model (7.0(3)I4(7)), but I was surprised to see that with this NXOS version a basic feature such as PBR is not supported. Cisco support mentioned that PBR is supported starting 7.0(3)I5(1).

I am now facing with the dilemma of what NXOS version to install, as I am not sure which one would be the best for the features I will use. I was inclining towards 7.0(3)I6(2), as it has a short open caveats list.

Would there be anybody on this forum who has used a NXOS version post 7.0(3)I5(1) and had a good experience with it (bug free?)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Read the release notes for both versions. If 7.0(3)I6(2) has a shorter open caveats list than I would use that. 

Good Luck!

HTH

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Read the release notes for both versions. If 7.0(3)I6(2) has a shorter open caveats list than I would use that. 

Good Luck!

HTH

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I indeed chose 7.0(3)I6(2) as it had one of the shortest open caveats list. Still, I was hoping somebody on this forum already is running on it and would be able to confirm it's bug free.

I've read some nasty bugs ion previous versions and with 7.0(3)I6(2) being fairly new, I was hoping to avoid any possible issues that others might have experienced. If not, indeed all that I have to refer to is Cisco's release notes page.

Thanks,

Razvan

Hi,

After a Cisco support ticket, I can say that we are quite stable with 7.0(3)I7(3), except a bug that seems to cause tahusd to use 15-20% of the CPU. No performance impact so far, but we ar enot using the Nexuses at their full potential.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card