cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 9k - Service policy on fex-fabric interface?

Palmer Sample
Level 4
Level 4

I'm in the process of configuring QoS on Nexus 9k.  I've finally started to wrap my head around the differences in the 9k compared to the Catalyst, and am making progress... but have run into one issue:

The 2k FEX only supports COS to queue mapping.  This is fine; I have a system-level qos policy which maps COS to appropriate qos-groups.  When the traffic arrives at the 9k (93180YC-EX switches), I want it to be marked with the correct PHB so that we can ensure end-to-end QoS as the upstream switches are a pair of Catalyst 6k's.  From what I have been reading, I should be able to apply my policy-map which performs classification and marking to the FEX uplink ports.

However, when attempting this, the 9k doesn't seem happy:

switch-dc-1(config-if)# int po111
switch-dc-1(config-if)# service-policy type qos in MARKING
Interface port-channel111 is a fex fabric port
Cannot apply qos policy.

How can I classify and mark traffic with DSCP coming from the FEX into the 9k?  We need more granular control over the queuing from the datacenter into the campus.  I'm either missing something or this isn't supported... any input is appreciated!

Thanks

-P

1 Reply 1

Palmer Sample
Level 4
Level 4

Also note that per

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/qos/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Quality_of_Service_Configuration_Guide_7x/FEX_QoS_Configuration_Example.html

The only supposed actions on a FEX are match cos / set qos-group - it doesn't appear to support class maps matching ACLs and setting DSCP based on those classes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco