Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus N7k N5k & N2k VDC

Max Maxim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I will like to set the Nexus N7k , N5k and N2k with  2x VDC  ( VDC-A and VDC-B ) 

I see most VDC setup with N7k and N2k ,  each N2k will be direct connected to N7k port with particular VDC  belong to.

Meaning to say server required VDC-A will be connected to N2k-1  ,  and Server required VDC-B will  be connected to  N2k-2. 

May I know if n5k will be connected between N7k and N2k,  do i need dedicated n5k pairs for each VDC ???  

Meaning to say if i have 2x VDC ,   i will require  2x pairs of N5k  ( 4x N5k )   

Please see att,  propose Network Diagram of N7k , N5k and N2k setup for 2x VDC.  Is this possible ? or do i need another 2x N5k for 2nd VDC ?  

Thanks

Maxim 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you have 2 VDCs in each data center and the 5ks don't support VDC, you would need 2 5ks in each data center.

HTH

View solution in original post

Hi,

Is you are planning to use a VDC per customer, meaning you want to separate the customers from each other than you need a set of 5ks per VDC as the 5ks don't support VDCs. If you only want to have separation starting from the 7k and upstream that 2 5ks per location can be sufficient. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

HTH (Hope This Helps).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Since you have 2 VDCs in each data center and the 5ks don't support VDC, you would need 2 5ks in each data center.

HTH

Hi HTH, 

If I have 4x VDC,   N7k-1 at DC-1 and N7k-2 at DC-2

All the N2k at DC-1   ( 12x N2K at DC-1 ) ,  can it connect thru 2x N5k ( DC-1)  and to N7k-1  for access all 4x VDC ???       If yes , meaning to say just one pair of N5k  will allow to access all 4x VDC without dedicated pair for each VDC ???? 

Thanks 

Maxim 

Hi,

Is you are planning to use a VDC per customer, meaning you want to separate the customers from each other than you need a set of 5ks per VDC as the 5ks don't support VDCs. If you only want to have separation starting from the 7k and upstream that 2 5ks per location can be sufficient. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do.

HTH (Hope This Helps).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card