Helpful
Replies

nexus vdc's copy run start

Hamza Al-Qudah
Level 1
Level 1

dears

plz correct me :

When I make copy run start in the default vdc it will effect the changes of that vdc and of the aresources allocations ( interfaces ..memory ...etc )

but when u make copy run start on another vdc it will effect the configration of this vdc only ...

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

each VDC has its own Nvram and changes in one VDC will not effect the other.

Thanks

yes mahmood  but I faced it when I issued the command   copy run start in a vdc ....the follwoing message appeared :

Configuration update aborted: This vdc has had a global configuration change since the last saved config. Please save config in default vdc before proceeding

and when i issed the copying in the global vdc then on this vdc ...it saved

Hi

it would have been due the changes were done for this vdc from the admin vdc and the config was not saved on admin vdc so this error has occurded.

Thanks

Hamzeh,

If you make global config change on the admin vdc and than switch to another vdc, you can not save the config until you save it in the admin vdc.

Example:

if you create a vdc called "storage" while you are in the admin vdc and not save the config. If you now switch to storage vdc and try to save the config, it will not allow you until you go back to admin vdc and save the config there.

This is mostly for major global config changes.

HTH

mdsk0905
Level 1
Level 1
First login to Supervisor and save the config there. (wr) Then login to vdc and save the config there (wr) Example: Sup9k1: wr Now, CORE9k1: wr
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card