cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No POE on 9300 Switch after upgrading to cat9k_iosxe.17.06.02.SPA.bin

cryptz
Level 1
Level 1

As title indicates, no poe on both cisco phones or aruba aps. The aruba APS are the 550 series and draw 60 watt. I always had an issue with them negotiating the right amount so I have 4 ports total on the switch for those aps set as follows:

power inline static
power inline four-pair forced

there are 2 cisco 9971 phones. The interfaces for those phones have no special config. I downgraded the switch and all is well again so I assume its a bug. I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this, it is possible there is a new feature, or its related to my WAP port config.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case.  

Read the Release Notes for 17.6.2 and in the Open Caveats section there are several (I count five) PoE bugs.

Thanks, the release notes were not available when I posted that. I will take a look. As I said I have reverted so I am fine, just mentioned it because sometimes the issues are config specific and my four-pair forced may be a fringe use case.

Actually, I just took a look, the release notes still are not updated since 17.6.2 came out, and the poe bugs mentioned seem to pre-date the 17.6.2 release. I am running 17.6.1 so it would appear the problem I am encountering is not addressed with any of the published info.

if the requirement is not 17.6.2, I go back to 17.3.4 and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

cryptz
Level 1
Level 1

POE works on 17.6.1, the bug is only with 17.6.2

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card