cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No POE on 9300 Switch after upgrading to cat9k_iosxe.17.06.02.SPA.bin

cryptz
Level 1
Level 1

As title indicates, no poe on both cisco phones or aruba aps. The aruba APS are the 550 series and draw 60 watt. I always had an issue with them negotiating the right amount so I have 4 ports total on the switch for those aps set as follows:

power inline static
power inline four-pair forced

there are 2 cisco 9971 phones. The interfaces for those phones have no special config. I downgraded the switch and all is well again so I assume its a bug. I was just wondering if anyone else ran into this, it is possible there is a new feature, or its related to my WAP port config.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Raise a TAC Case.  

Read the Release Notes for 17.6.2 and in the Open Caveats section there are several (I count five) PoE bugs.

Thanks, the release notes were not available when I posted that. I will take a look. As I said I have reverted so I am fine, just mentioned it because sometimes the issues are config specific and my four-pair forced may be a fringe use case.

Actually, I just took a look, the release notes still are not updated since 17.6.2 came out, and the poe bugs mentioned seem to pre-date the 17.6.2 release. I am running 17.6.1 so it would appear the problem I am encountering is not addressed with any of the published info.

if the requirement is not 17.6.2, I go back to 17.3.4 and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

cryptz
Level 1
Level 1

POE works on 17.6.1, the bug is only with 17.6.2

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card