cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Non Cisco POE device is not detecting on any CISCO POE switch.

vijay kumar
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to connect  DSCi350-D111 model poe camera on cisco 3750x series switch but its keep on generating below message

*Mar  1 01:02:09.046: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/19: PD removed

*Mar  1 01:02:10.061: %ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa0/19: Power Device detected: IEEE PD

And tried by enabling LLDP on the switch but still the same persist and i can see in lldp neighbor detail as below

Switch#show lldp interface fastEthernet 0/19

FastEthernet0/19:

Tx: enabled

Rx: enabled

Tx state: INIT

Rx state: WAIT PORT OPER

When i gone through the datasheet of the camera , its says that the device has below details.

Electrical

Power Draw IR On : 4.2W / IR Off : 3W

Power Input DC 12V, DC12V/ POE

And if i connect the same with external power supply its works fine and the above issues will be only for 30 mins when connects the device on poe .

It  would be more helpful to have an answer.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Could be a faulty cable.

The same is working fine if i connect the cisco voipPOE device

*Mar  1 01:02:09.046: %ILPOWER-5-IEEE_DISCONNECT: Interface Fa0/19: PD removed

Ok, you sure it's a 3750X?

Sorry , its 3560X series switch

And aother one which i noted is, The POE camera doesn't work on 3560X sereis switch but its working on 3650-48ps. Can i have explaination for this pls.

The issue what i am facing on the 3560x is the power is continously flapping on the poe camera.

Sorry , its 3560X series switch

No it's not.  The port you've posted is FastEthernet.

You need to run a cable test.  Unfortunately, TDR is not supported in FastEthernet ports of a 3560/3750.

TDR is supported only on 10/100/1000 copper Ethernet port.

My problem is, if i connect the same cable and the camera on the 3560-48ps switch its work fine. but it doesn't work on 3560x series switch.

My question , Is there any standard different on models?

If it supports on 3560-48ps, it should also supports in 3560x switches. If not why?

My problem is, if i connect the same cable and the camera on the 3560-48ps switch its work fine. but it doesn't work on 3560x series switch.

The only possible difference between the two are physi ... wait a second .... I think I know WTF is going on here.

Plug the same cable back to the 3560X and in the interface, issue the command "speed auto 10 100".  The link should come up. 

Vijay,

Did you get any results to this?

James Neilson
Level 1
Level 1

Both 3560x and 3750x switches have GE ports only (With optional 10GE modules), the logs you post state the issue is with a FastEthernet port. Can you post a sh ver from the switch you are having issues with?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card